Savage WorldsA universal system with a focus on fast resolution. It uses a step-die rules system related to Deadlands. You roll a d4 to d12 (depending on your stat) plus modifiers¸ and a result over 4 or higher than your opponent's is a success. Combat uses an initiative system using playing cards¸ where each player draws a number of cards each turn. The basic rules include seven races: humans¸ elves¸ dwarves¸ half-elves¸ mantids¸ saurians and Atlanteans. It also includes a short section on Arcane backgrounds and powers. - A description from https://darkshire.net/jhkim/rpg/encyclopedia/ with kind permission of John H. Kim
Welcome to a revolution in gaming - Savage Worlds - a merger of the best ideas in roleplaying and miniature games!
* It's Fast! Savage Worlds is the fastest and easiest fully-detailed roleplaying game you'll ever play! You can fight out massive battles quickly and easily - with your heroes' allies and minions - in one simple¸ fast-playing system!
* It's Furious! Characters gain awesome new abilities quickly¸ raising their attributes and skills and gaining powerful and exciting new Edges!
* It's Fun! Savage Worlds was designed to be a Game Master's dream! GMs can write adventures¸ create new villains and monsters¸ and run epic tales¸ all without lots of bookkeeping. And you won't need computer programs¸ three rule books¸ and a half-dozen setting books to do it. You'll find everything you need right here and in the Savage Setting of your choice!
* It's also a Miniatures Game! Savage Worlds works as a miniatures battle game as well as an RPG. That means you can fight out your heroes' epic battles to save the world right on the table-top! Or you can play a competitive battle with troops of your own design!
* It's Complete! Savage Worlds was designed to be used with any genre - from swashbuckling pirates to superheroes and sci-fi. Inside you'll find complete and simple rules for epic heroes¸ vehicles¸ chases¸ magic¸ superpowers¸ mass battles¸ skirmishes¸ and even guidelines for designing your own races and worlds!